Comics Tagged : sheetcake
Sheet Cake Rules Everything Around Me
- Sheet Cake Rules Everything Around Me
- March 16, 2019
- baking, competition, correct opinions, fancy cakes, food, Kevin, Sarah, sheetcake, smoking
When I first posted this comic, I got some comments misinterpreting it as being about white male privilege. I can see how one might read that into it, so I redrew it with Sarah. Same joke – just hopefully a little more clear.
- Panel 1 : Int. Auxiliary Hall – Day
Two Judges look over Chef Alexis’ cake. One of them has a clipboard. Alexis stands alongside it with a smile.
- Judge #1
- …And what have we here?
- Chef Alexis
- This is a peanut butter banana cake with whipped ganache.
- Panel 2 : Int. Auxiliary Hall – Moments Later
Two Judges look over Chef Rie’s cake. Rie stands alongside it with a smile.
- Judge #1
- …And this?
- Chef Rie
- A chocolate hazelnut cake with salted caramel sauce.
- Panel 3 : Int. Auxiliary Hall – Moments Later
Two Judges look over Kevin’s cake. He stands nearby, arms crossed, smoking.
- This is a yellow sheet cake I bought at the grocery store.
- Panel 4 : Int. Auxiliary Hall – Later
Kevin stands on the winner’s pedestal at the #1 spot. A large trophy at his feet. Still smoking, he holds his arms out as if to say, “What do you want from me?” Alexis sits at second place, upset. Rie sits at third place, sad.