Comics Tagged : AI training
The Problem with A.I. Art
- The Problem with A.I. Art
- December 11, 2022
- AI art, AI training, artificial intelligence, Kevin, Lensa, self own, Stable Diffusion
- Panel 1 : Int. Startup Office – Day
Kevin stands at the desk of an engineer in the office of an A.I. startup. Hands on hips and frowning, he wears a shirt that says “Reject AI Art.”
- O.K. sir, I searched our A.I. training database for your artwork and found no results.
- Kevin (indignant)
- Panel 2 : Startup Office – Continuous
The engineer bends over, adjusting his glasses to better read the screen.
- Oh wait- there’s a note. It says: “This artist’s work was found to be of insufficient quality for training…”
- Panel 3 : Int. Startup Office – Continuous
The engineer continues reading as Kevin’s face falls.
- “…Including this artist’s work, even as an example of a negative output, would degrade the quality of the algorithm…”
- Panel 4 : Startup Office – Continuous
The engineer continues reading as Kevin puts up a hand in protest.
- “Hashtag crappy, hashtag hack-“
- Kevin (interrupting)
- O.K. Y-you can stop reading now.